AOI Discusses: Business!
IN PARTNERSHIP AND WITH THANKS TO ILLUSTRATORS IRELAND
Join AOI’s Lou Bones for this comprehensive masterclass covering all the essential areas for a successful career in illustration including pricing, licensing, self promotion, understanding the commissioner’s journey and as well as discussing the more difficult issues like dealing with copyright infringement and the ins and outs of client negotiation, contracts and industry standards.
Drawing on real examples as well as sharing practical tips before opening up the floor for the all important Q & A! This masterclass is aimed at seasoned professionals and the up and coming alike.
• Intro to the AOI
• Self-Promotion Strategy
• Social Media
• The Commissioners Journey – turning personal work into commercially viable projects
• Copyright / Rights – what it is, how it works, copyright infringement.
• 10mins break – tea, coffee and bar available
• Contracts – what should be in them, why they are needed, how to negotiate
• Client Negotiation – what is standard + how to deal with those tricky clients
• Pricing Your Work – examples of fees + insider info
• 30 mins Q & A / group chat, all questions welcome!
About the Association of Illustrators (AOI) @theaoi
The AOI is the only organisation providing direct, highly trained advice and support, pushing illustrators and commissions for better fees and terms across the illustration industry. We now support and advise over 2000 illustrators, agents, colleges, commissioners and other illustration associations from all over the world.
About Illustrators Ireland (IGI) @illustratorsIRL
Members of the AOI, Illustrators Ireland is a non-profit organisation established in 2000 to support the development of illustration in Ireland by showcasing illustrators’ work and by fostering links with similar organisations at home and abroad.